Re: what to revert

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: what to revert
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andres Freund wrote:

> I'm *really* doubtful about the logical timeline following patches. I
> think they're, as committed, over-complicated and pretty much unusable.

As its committer, I tend to agree about reverting that feature.  Craig
was just posting some more patches, and I have the pg_recvlogical
changes here (--endpos) which after some testing are not quite looking
ready to go -- plus we still have to write the actual Perl test scripts
that would use it.  Taken together, this is now looking to me a bit
rushed, so I prefer to cut my losses here and revert the patch so that
we can revisit it for 9.7.