Re: Why doesn't my mail appear on the pgsql-announce list?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Why doesn't my mail appear on the pgsql-announce list?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Takayuki,

* Tsunakawa, Takayuki (tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com) wrote:
> I sent the following mail on April 18 and 22, but the mail doesn't appear on the list.  Could you let me the reason?
Theonly thing I can guess is that the content is not appropriate for the ML and the moderator didn't allow it.

My apologies, I thought someone had responded to you regarding this.

The moderators have not approved it because it does not fall under any
of the defined categories for acceptable mail to -announce.  The
-announce policy is here:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval

If you wish to have an exception made to that policy, then I believe it
needs to come from -core.

For my own 2c regarding the merits of this particular mail, I'm not sure
that it should be allowed to -announce, even as an exception.
Specifically, I believe that if we wish for a survey to be published
then we should develop it as a community and provide a way to ensure
that the responses are anonymous, but also published and kept.

Note that postgresql.org already has the ability to host surveys and for
users to respond to those surveys.

Thanks!

Stephen

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki"
Сообщение: Why doesn't my mail appear on the pgsql-announce list?
От: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki"
Сообщение: Re: Why doesn't my mail appear on the pgsql-announce list?