Re: Why doesn't my mail appear on the pgsql-announce list?

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема Re: Why doesn't my mail appear on the pgsql-announce list?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hello, Stephen,

Thank you for your quick response.

> The moderators have not approved it because it does not fall under any of
> the defined categories for acceptable mail to -announce.  The -announce
> policy is here:
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval

I didn't notice this page.  Thanks.
(But my mail seems to fall under " Major new advocacy effort"...)

> If you wish to have an exception made to that policy, then I believe it
> needs to come from -core.

I'm OK as I could post to pgsql-advocacy successfully.

> For my own 2c regarding the merits of this particular mail, I'm not sure
> that it should be allowed to -announce, even as an exception.
> Specifically, I believe that if we wish for a survey to be published then
> we should develop it as a community and provide a way to ensure that the
>
> Note that postgresql.org already has the ability to host surveys and for
> users to respond to those surveys.

Yes, actually, I wanted to post the survey on postgresql.org, but I didn't know how.  In addition, it seemed that
postgresql.orgsurvey can contain only a single question.  My survey requires three questions.  What's more, the survey
formneeds to allow respondents to add new choices to the multiple-choice question, and the second question needs to
changebased on the first one.  Those requirements made me choose Google Form and write some Google App Script.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Why doesn't my mail appear on the pgsql-announce list?
Сообщение: Re: Why doesn't my mail appear on the pgsql-announce list?