Re: Postgresql 9.3.4 file system compatibility

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Postgresql 9.3.4 file system compatibility
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Albe Laurenz (laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at) wrote:
> Marllius wrote:
> > OCFS2 = oracle cluster file system 2
>
> I think using OCFS2 for PostgreSQL data is a good idea if you want
> to be the first at something or try to discover bugs in OCFS2.

I've found that OCFS2 is a very decent clustered filesystem for smallish
environments (4 or 8).  We had trouble with larger clusters.

> Why do you want a cluster file system for PostgreSQL?  You cannot
> have more than one server access the same data at the same time
> anyway.

This is probably the better question.  Using a clustered filesystem can
be handy for redundancy, and you could use OCFS2 or DRDB for that, but
don't expect to be able to run multiple PG servers concurrently from the
same set of data files.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения