Re: aparent bug with pgAdmin version 1.22.1 connected to pg 9.5: SQL Pane view of SEQUENCE object

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: aparent bug with pgAdmin version 1.22.1 connected to pg 9.5: SQL Pane view of SEQUENCE object
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 03:13:59PM +0000, Tom Puckett wrote:
> A sequence object was created successfully when I created a table with a column
> of type SEQUENCE.  However, in the SQL pane, I see the below code, which has an
> ALTER TABLE statement for the assignment of ownership.  The sequence object can
> be recreated (manually) only if I edit this statement to become ALTER SEQUENCE,
> so I’m convinced that this is a defect somewhere.

The alter_table manual page says:

    OWNER           This form changes the owner of the table, sequence, view,
                                                              ^^^^^^^^
    materialized view, or foreign table to the specified user.

so it does work.  You are right that ALTER SEQUENCE would be clearer,
though.

> -- Sequence: public.patient_patient_dbid_seq
>

> -- DROP SEQUENCE public.patient_patient_dbid_seq;
>

> CREATE SEQUENCE public.patient_patient_dbid_seq
>
>   INCREMENT 1
>
>   MINVALUE 1
>
>   MAXVALUE 9223372036854775807
>
>   START 1
>
>   CACHE 1;
>
> ALTER TABLE public.patient_patient_dbid_seq
>
>   OWNER TO wohcdrowner;

> This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is confidential. If
> you
> are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
> action taken
> or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
> Unless
> indicated to the contrary: it does not constitute professional advice or
> opinions upon
> which reliance may be made by the addressee or any other party, and it should
> be
> considered to be a work in progress.

+ Roman grave inscription                             +