Re: Proper use of Groups and Users (Roles).

От Vincent Veyron
Тема Re: Proper use of Groups and Users (Roles).
Дата
ERROR: cannot convert relation containing dropped columns to view  (Nicklas Avén <nicklas.aven@jordogskog.no>)
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 12:06:28 -0500
Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wrote a short article to explain the proper use of Group and Userss in the database.

Hi Melvin,

Thanks for the explanation, it makes things easy to understand.

One question :

> Although GRANT ALL, at first appears to simplify granting permissions, it is actually a very bad practice that is
oftenmisused. That is because doing so would also allow groups and ordinary users the following additional privileges:
TRUNCATE,REFERENCES & TRIGGER.

If a user has DELETE rights on a table, I don't see how granting him TRUNCATE makes that much of a difference? Same
couldbe said of the other two, it's not like they are going to cause more damage than the previous rights.

--
                    Bien à vous, Vincent Veyron

https://marica.fr/
Gestion des contentieux, des dossiers de sinistres assurance et des contrats pour le service juridique

От: Chris Travers
Сообщение: Re: Suggest note in index documentation about long running transactions
От: Daniel Pocock
Сообщение: pgDay Asia / talks / lightning talks