Re: WIP: SCRAM authentication

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: WIP: SCRAM authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Michael Paquier (michael.paquier@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 10:23 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > I would start by pointing out that pg_user currently uses pg_shadow..
> > Why do we need pg_shadow or pg_user or related views at all..?
>
> pg_user/pg_shadow have the advantage to be world-readable and mask
> password values.

New views would have that same advantage, should we implement them that
way.  Tom's approach is also workable though, where we make the existing
views have a reducaed charter, which is mainly around providing user
lists and simply not include any info about password verifiers or the
like.

Thanks!

Stephen