Re: WIP: SCRAM authentication

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: WIP: SCRAM authentication
Дата
Re: WIP: SCRAM authentication  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > Why do we need pg_shadow or pg_user or related views at all..?
>
> A lot of code looks at those just to get usernames.  I am not in favor of
> breaking such stuff without need.

Alright.

> How about we just say that the password in these old views always reads
> out as '********' even when there is a password, and we invent new views
> that carry real auth information?  (Hopefully in an extensible way.)

I'd be alright with that approach, I'd just rather that any clients
which actually want to read the password field be updated to look at the
extensible and sensible base catalogs, and not some hacked up array that
we shoved into that field.

Thanks!

Stephen

Сообщение: Re: WIP: SCRAM authentication
Сообщение: Re: WIP: SCRAM authentication