Re: Setting up streaming replication with new server as master?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Setting up streaming replication with new server as master?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dave,

* Dave Johansen (davejohansen@gmail.com) wrote:
> So will pg_basebackup keep copying the new data that is added over the
> weekend until I tell it to stop? If so, then on Monday, can I close things
> down, wait for the WAL to finish, swap the roles of the 2 server and then
> restart?

No, pg_basebackup will take a snapshot of the current system,
essentially.  You can set up the new system to connect to the current
system, using recovery.conf, to pull the WAL records and apply them to
the new server.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Setting up streaming replication with new server as master?
Сообщение: Re: Setting up streaming replication with new server as master?