Re: A PGsendQuery API design for your review

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: A PGsendQuery API design for your review
Дата
Список psycopg
On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 13:47:51 -0800
Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

> > Thanks, but I don't think so.  Those are interactive
> > python shells.  What they want is a web-enabled psql;
> > a SQL shell.
>
> Actually more then that, as IPython is just one part of the Juypter
> stack which encompasses over 40 languages and is Web enabled through
> Notebooks. I would take a serious look at this before rolling your
> own data analysis stack. Jupyter is becoming the de facto scientific
> toolset and the community that surrounds it is huge. Pretty sure you
> will someone has already done a  lot of the legwork for you.
>
> http://jupyter.org/

Thanks.  I'd glanced at it some years ago, but forgotten
about it.

Anyway, we don't have a data analysis stack of our own
making.  They just want to get the data out or otherwise
query the db.  (Lordy, some of them are doing analysis
in Excel.)

Regards,

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein

В списке psycopg по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: A PGsendQuery API design for your review
Сообщение: Re: A PGsendQuery API design for your review