Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit,

* Amit Langote (Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp) wrote:
> On 2015/12/23 7:23, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > Updated patch attached.  I'll give it another good look and then commit
> > it, barring objections.
>
> Just a minor nitpick about a code comment -
>
>      /*
> +     * Check that the user is not trying to create a role in the reserved
> +     * "pg_" namespace.
> +     */
> +    if (IsReservedName(stmt->role))
>
> The wording may be slightly confusing, especially saying "... in ...
> namespace". ISTM, "namespace" is fairly extensively used around the code
> to mean something like "a schema's namespace".
>
> Could perhaps be reworded as:
>
>      /*
> +     * Check that the user is not trying to create a role with reserved
> +     * name, ie, one starting with "pg_".
>
> If OK, there seems to be one more place further down in the patch with
> similar wording.

I could go either way on that, really.  I don't find namespace to be
confusing when used in that way, but I'll change it since others do.

Thanks!

Stephen

Сообщение: Re: pg_controldata/pg_resetxlog "Latest checkpoint's NextXID" format
Сообщение: Re: pg_controldata/pg_resetxlog "Latest checkpoint's NextXID" format