Re: pg_controldata/pg_resetxlog "Latest checkpoint's NextXID" format

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_controldata/pg_resetxlog "Latest checkpoint's NextXID" format
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
José Luis Tallón <jltallon@adv-solutions.net> writes:
> On 12/29/2015 01:18 PM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> On 29/12/15 07:14, Joe Conway wrote:
>>> Shouldn't it use "%X/%X", same as e.g. "Prior checkpoint location" and
>>> all the other XIDs?

>> No. The "locations" in the output are WAL locations. Those are
>> customarily printed with %X/%X. But NextXID is a transaction ID, those
>> are printed in decimal, with %u.

> But Joe has a point here.... Others could also be confused if he doubted
> about this.

Yeah.  Use of the same x/y notation with two different bases seems like
a recipe for confusion.  It's probably too late to do anything about
this for 9.5, but I'd be +1 for adopting Jose's suggestion or some
other formatting tweak in HEAD.