Re: fix for readline terminal size problems when window is resized with open pager

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: fix for readline terminal size problems when window is resized with open pager
Дата
Re: fix for readline terminal size problems when window is resized with open pager  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> I did some more experimentation and concluded that actually, this problem
> has nothing whatsoever to do with pager invocations.  What seems to really
> be happening is that libreadline activates its SIGWINCH handler only while
> it's being called to collect input, which is fine in itself, but *it does
> not notice screen resizes that happen when the handler is not active*.

I wonder if we're doing the proper things.  According to their manual,

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=readline.git;a=blob_plain;f=doc/readline.html;h=9b7dd842764c81ad496c38a2794361cad964ee90;hb=7628b745a813aac53586b640da056a975f1c443e#SEC44
I think we should be setting rl_catch_signal and/or rl_catch_sigwinch
and then perhaps call rl_set_signals(), but I don't think we're doing
anything of the sort.