Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Thanks for benchmarking!

On 2015-10-30 16:28:22 +0300, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> pinunpin-cas-original-fix.patch is just original patch by Andres Freund
> with fixed bug which causes hang.
> Performance comparison on 72-cores Intel server in attached. On this
> machine we see no regression in version of patch in previous letter.

So pinunpin-cas-original-fix is my version with a bug fixed, and
pinunpin-cas is what exactly? Your earlier version with the xadd +
cmpxchg?

The results look pretty good. Could you give a few more details about
the hardware and workload (i.e. cpu model number + scale)?

So the plan would be to finish cleaning this up into a committable
shape?

Greetings,

Andres Freund