Re: "flat" links in mail archives are badly named

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: "flat" links in mail archives are badly named
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 11:51 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> > Over in the issue-tracker thread,
> > Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > > Evidently, the "flat" link is easy to miss.  Give it a try.
> >
> > I submit that the reason people miss what that's for is that it's very
> > unintuitively named.  What about using "whole thread" instead of "flat"?
> >
> > ("flat" is fine as a component of the resulting URL.  Just not as the
> > button label.)
>
> That's easy enough to change.  Another option might be "linear"? But I'm
> guessing what you're trying to convey is especially the whole thread part,
> rather than the "orientation"?

I think "whole thread" is easier to catch for newcomers, so +1 for that
(but keep "flat" as the URL itself.)

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: "flat" links in mail archives are badly named
Сообщение: Re: "flat" links in mail archives are badly named