Re: BUG #13513: Turning a table into a view

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: BUG #13513: Turning a table into a view
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On 2015-07-22 11:53:16 +0200, Piergiorgio Buongiovanni wrote:
> Just only to answer to your question, we are doing some tests with our
> RAD (Instant Developer) and we are trying to "cheating" it.

Hah.

> PostgreSQL is very powerful allowing us to use views as tables through the RULE mechanism.
> Well. Our RAD doesn't treat views as tables (probably the problem is the JDBC driver) and we cannot insert data into
aview.
> So we create a table, then we import that table into the project and the RAD reads all the info (constraints, default
values,etc.) and creates the fields correctly.
> At the end we turn the table into a view simply using rules.

You can probably work around the problem by inserting a VACUUM
tbl_becoming_view; before the CREATE RULE. IIRC that should "recompute"
relhastriggers.

Regards,

Andres

От: Piergiorgio Buongiovanni
Сообщение: Re: BUG #13513: Turning a table into a view
От: Michael Bommarito
Сообщение: Re: BUG #13490: Segmentation fault on pg_stat_activity