Re: Postgresql 9.3.9

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Postgresql 9.3.9
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Bhanu Gandikota wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know if we need to run any vacuum (freeze) soon after patching Postgresql to version 9.3.9 [say from
9.3.4]?
> Is TXN wrap around fix effective automatically in 9.3.9 or do we have to do anything manually?

Look in your log for a message like this shortly after server start:
  LOG:  MultiXact member wraparound protections are now enabled

If you see it, then you're fine and nothing is needed.

If you see this message instead:
  LOG:  MultiXact member wraparound protections are disabled [...]
then autovacuum will have to slowly work its way out of trouble.  It
might take some time, depending on the database size.  You don't need
any additional measures as it's automatic.  As soon as it has finished,
you will see the other message above.