Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Tom Lane 2015-05-29 <13871.1432921756@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> Why can't the user stop it?  We won't be bleating about the case of a
> symlink to a non-writable file someplace else, which is the Debian use
> case.  I don't see a very good excuse to have a non-writable file right
> in the data directory.

I've repeatedly seen PGDATA or pg_xlog been put directly on a
mountpoint, which means there well be a non-writable lost+found
directory there. (A case with pg_xlog was also reported as a support
case at credativ.) I'm usually advising against using the top level
directory directly, but it's not uncommon to encounter it.

> In any case, if the cost of such a file is one more line of log output
> during a crash restart, most people would have no problem at all in
> ignoring that log output.

Nod.

Christoph
--