Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously

От Abhijit Menon-Sen
Тема Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 2015-05-28 19:56:15 +0530, ams@2ndQuadrant.com wrote:

> I have a separate patch to initdb with the corresponding changes, which
> I will post after dinner and a bit more testing.

Here's that patch too.

I was a bit unsure how far to go with this. It fixes the problem of not
following pg_xlog if it's a symlink (Andres) and the one where it died
on bogus stuff in pg_tblspc (Tom) and unreadable files anywhere else
(it now spews errors to stderr, but carries on for as long as it can).

I've done a bit more than strictly necessary to fix those problems,
though, and made the code largely similar to what's in the other patch.
If you want something minimal, let me know and I'll cut it down to size.

-- Abhijit

P.S. If this patch gets applied, then the "Adapted from walktblspc_links
in initdb.c" comment in fd.c should be changed: s/links/entries/.

Вложения