Re: Run pgindent now?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Run pgindent now?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 03:12:24PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 03:03:00PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> As we discussed upthread, if we're trying to minimize cross-branch
> >> pgindent differences then we probably need to use the same typedefs
> >> list in all branches.  I believe Andrew's already set up buildfarm
> >> support for generating a unified typedef list for all active branches.
>
> > OK, but just consider that we are then introducing _new_ pgindent
> > changes into back branches that have not been modified by patches at
> > all.
>
> The point is for the back branches to absorb pgindent-induced changes that
> have already happened in HEAD, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

My point is uses of new typedefs names added in HEAD which are not
typedefs in the back branches will be pgindent'ed differently than
before, e.g. back branches use a variable 'aaa' which is not a typedef
in back branches, but if 'aaa' becomes a typedef in HEAD, references to
'aaa' in back branches will be adjusted by pgindent.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +