Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: To Andres Freund 2015-05-24 <20150524075244.GB27048@msg.df7cb.de>
> Re: Andres Freund 2015-05-24 <20150524005245.GD32396@alap3.anarazel.de>
> > How about, to avoid masking actual problems, we have a more
> > differentiated logic for the toplevel data directory? I think we could
> > just skip all non-directory files in there data_directory itself. None
> > of the files in the toplevel directory, with the exception of
> > postgresql.auto.conf, will ever get written to by PG itself.  And if
> > there's readonly files somewhere in a subdirectory, I won't feel
> > particularly bad.

pg_log/ is also admin domain. What about only recursing into
well-known directories + postgresql.auto.conf?

(I've also been wondering if pg_basebackup shouldn't skip pg_log, but
that's a different topic...)

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/