Re: Triaging the remaining open commitfest items

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Triaging the remaining open commitfest items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 11:38 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > * Additional role attributes
> >
> > Is this ready to commit?  Stephen's call.
>
> -1 for committing this, per discussion earlier today on a thread
> that's probably not linked into the CF app.

Linked it into the CF, sorry for not doing so earlier.

I'm not going to push it over objections, but I'm certainly hopeful that
there will be further discussion on that thread.  For my part, at least,
it's a really nice capability to have that we've been missing for a long
time- I can remember back to the first time I was setting up Nagios and
wondering how in the world I could monitor the system without giving the
Nagios user full superuser rights.  I know there are instances out in
the wild that I've set up which are still hacked up to deal with this
lack of capability.

Further, if we don't have something like this, then I'm worried about
people who use the XLOG functions today for monitoring, as we'd end up
having to lock those down to superuser-only, since there isn't anything
between 'public' and 'superuser'.
Thanks!
    Stephen