Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE/IGNORE 4.0

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE/IGNORE 4.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-04-26 18:02:06 -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> Remaining challenges
> =================

Another thing I'm wondering about is dealing with deferrable
constraints/deferred indexes.

a) Why does ExecCheckIndexConstraints() check for indisimmediate for  *all* indexes and not just when it's an arbiter
index?That seems  needlessly restrictive.

b) There's a doc addition to set_constraints.sgml
+   constraints are affected by this setting.  Note that constraints
+   that are <literal>DEFERRED</literal> cannot be used as arbiters by
+   the <literal>ON CONFLICT</> clause that <command>INSERT</>
+   supports.

which I don't think makes sense: SET CONSTRAINTS will never change
anything relevant for ON CONFLICT, right?

Greetings,

Andres Freund