Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT syntax issues

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT syntax issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-05-04 14:16:42 -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 2:22 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> > The ability to specify a constraint by name hasn't been implemented, but
> > that would read quite naturally as:
> >
> > INSERT INTO mytable ON CONFLICT ON CONSTRAINT my_constraint UPDATE ...
>
> For the record, I have made this change on Github

Theoretically this changes the pictures for FDWs, right? Right now
there's
+    <para>
+     <command>INSERT</> with an <literal>ON CONFLICT</> clause is not
+     supported with a unique index inference specification, since a
+     conflict arbitrating unique index cannot meaningfully be inferred
+     on a foreign table (this implies that <literal>ON CONFLICT DO
+     UPDATE</> is never supported, since the specification is
+     mandatory there).
+    </para>
but theoretically the constraint name could be meaningful on the other
side...

I don't think this is anyting for 9.5, but it might be interesting for
later.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE/IGNORE 4.0
Сообщение: Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE/IGNORE 4.0