Re: feature freeze and beta schedule

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: feature freeze and beta schedule
Дата
Re: feature freeze and beta schedule  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Re: feature freeze and beta schedule  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Re: feature freeze and beta schedule  (Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: feature freeze and beta schedule  (Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>)
Re: feature freeze and beta schedule  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Re: feature freeze and beta schedule  (Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>)
Re: feature freeze and beta schedule  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-04-30 08:39:45 -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> If you have spare cycles, there are a number of relevant patches still
> open in the commit fest.

I was wondering what the actual state of the commitfest is. I'm thus
going through all the open items. Here's my thoughts:

* fsync $PGDATA recursively at startup Bugfix, i.e. not really tied to CF

* EvalPlanQual behaves oddly for FDW queries involving system columns Tom wants to take care of it next week. => Keep
in'ready for committer'

* Do not vacuum pgbench tables if they do not exist when pgbench -f given Robert was recently sending an iteration of a
patch,so I think this is being taken care of. => Keep in 'ready for committer'

* Multivariate statistics This is not intended to be committed this CF. => I'd like to mark this as returned with
(little)feedback.

* fastbloat Not too big, I think it should be easy to commit this. => Keep in 'ready for committer'

* Avoiding plan disasters with LIMIT I'm not enthused by the approach, it's disabled by default though. So it might not
betoo bad to just do it. Would probably have been a good idea to discuss the patch in a separate thread. => ?

* Turning off HOT for larger SQL queries Seems to have degenerated into a discussion of not really related things. I
personallywould vote for committing something close to what Simon proposed last *directly at the beginning* of the next
cycle.=> Move?

* BRIN inclusion operator class This seems to be a mishmash of bugfix and feature. The bugfixes should be applied
pdq...=> ?

* Async execution of postgres_fdw.
 Later iterations of the patch haven't gotten much review yet. The original version of the patch is just from
2014-12-15.=> Should imo be moved to the next CF

* PageRepairFragmentation optimization Hm. Heikki hasn't replied recently. It's a committer's patch though, so it
probablydoesn't matter that much. => Move?

* Abbreviated key support for Datum sorts Unfortunately the discussion about potential performance regression has been
largelysidestepped by bickering over minutiae. => ?

* Unique Joins This seems to require more work and came in pretty late => Returned with feedback.

* INNER JOIN removals Seem far to controversial to consider comitting in 9.5. => Returned (or even rejected :()

* Aggregate State Combine Support I think we pretty clearly need something roughly like this. It seems equally clear
thatthis isn't going to happen in 9.5 => Returned with feedback

* Allow "snapshot too old" error, to prevent bloat
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/1361166406.1897609.1424371443904.JavaMail.yahoo%40mail.yahoo.comtalked about
anew version that afaics never materialized => Returned with feedback

* KNN-GiST with recheck Unfortunately the last version hasn't gotten feedback. The topic is somewhat old, so I'd be
uglyto not do somethign about it this CF. I can't judge the state of the patch right now. => ?

* GIN fillfactor Seems like a simple enough idea. => I guess somebody should review and commit it?

* Manipulating complex types as non-contiguous structures in-memory Pretty large for this state and being proposed
late.On the other hand it's Tom. Looks like it could use some review tho. => ?

* Optimization for updating foreign tables in Postgres FDW Hm. The last, significantly redone, iteration doesn't seem
tohave gotten much code level review. => ?

* iteration over record in plpgsql To me this still seems to be in the in the design phase. => Return?

* Sequence Access Method There's been some back and forth between Petr and Heikki on this lately. => Maybe there's
stilla chance for 9.5?

* archive_mode=shared/always Hasn't really gotten code level review yet. Heikki?

* Sending WAL receiver feedback regularly even if the receiver is under heavy load Imo more of a bugfix than a feature.
I.e.doesn't really concern the CF scheduling.

* Auditing extension I'm unclear on the status here. Abhijit said he'll have a look.

* Parallel Seq scan In my opinion the topic has progressed greatly. But at the same time it doesn't seem like it's in a
statewe should consider for 9.5. => Return?

* ctidscan as an example of custom-scan Hasn't really gotten sufficient review. => Move

* logical column ordering (WIP) This pretty clearly isn't 9.5 material. => Return

* parallel mode/contexts The largest part of this has just been committed. There's more contentious/complicated bits
aroundlocking left. I have a hard time believing we have the cycles to resolve those for 9.5. It'd be neat if we could,
butI think "older" stuff has a bit of precedence.

* Support ORDER BY in CREATE FUNCTION for Set Returning Functions Uhm. I think the outcome of the discussion so far
wasn'treally favorable to the idea s proposed. => Rejected

* RLS: row-level security, more review More of a placeholder item. There seem to various open items.

* Cube extension kNN support Waiting on author for a few weeks, and submitted late. => Returned with feedback

* compress method for spgist Hm. Changes spgist's API. Hasn't gotten review in the redone version. But it's also not
thatlarge? => Move?

* mogrify and indent for jsonb Committer's patch marked as ready for commit. => Should get committed ;)

* assessing parallel-safety Unclear. The patch isn't particularly huge, but I'm not sure the design is full finished
yet.It also came in somewhat late. => Unclear.

* Join pushdown support for foreign tables Hasn't gotten particularly much review yet. And it doesn't look entirely
readyto me on a very quick scan. But I don't know that much about the area. => Move?

* Deparsing utility commands IIUc Alvaro intends to commit a minimal version soon.

* Grouping Sets Tom intends to take a peek next week.

* INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE} Heikki, Peter and I have spent a fair amount of time on this. I believe we
cancommit it early next week.

* TABLESAMPLE clause Doesn't seem very far from being done. Some questions about including (or not) DDL and contrib
modulesseem to remain.

* REINDEX xxx VERBOSE Looks simple enough to commit soon.

* regrole and regnamespace Looks simple enough to commit soon.

* pg_basebackup vs. Windows and tablespaces Should be committed.

* Additional role attributes I agree with Robert's point in
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BTgmobH4tdccajn7VmPT-1RqBdzLYcAz5jUz4bJ%3Drkqs_gADA%40mail.gmail.comand
thusthink that this patch isn't ready for 9.5.

* catalog view to pg_hba.conf file Greg is marked as a comitter here.

* pg_file_settings view: To know detail of config files via SQL Seems to be ready.

* Add pg_settings.pending_restart column Looks like it coudl quickly be committed.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: Manipulating complex types as non-contiguous structures in-memory
Сообщение: Re: Manipulating complex types as non-contiguous structures in-memory