Re: Shouldn't CREATE TABLE LIKE copy the relhasoids property?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Shouldn't CREATE TABLE LIKE copy the relhasoids property?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 12:24:50AM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Agreed.  Here is an attached patch for 9.6 which works for multiple
> > LIKE'ed tables with multiple inheritance and index creation.  I figured
> > out why Tom's OID primary key test was failing so I now process the
> > columns and LIKE first, then the constraints.  There is also no longer a
> > dependency on default_with_oids.
>
> It seems to me that waiting for 9.6 for what's arguably a bug fix is too
> much.  It's not like this is a new feature.  Why don't we just make sure
> it is as correct as possible and get it done for 9.5?  It's not even in
> beta yet, nor feature freeze.

Well, I applied what I thought would work, but did not handle three
cases:

*  checking of hasoids by index specifications
*  queries with multiple LIKE'ed tables
*  matching inheritance behavior

I am unclear if I should be addressing such complex issues at this point
in the development cycle.  I can certainly apply this patch, but I need
someone else to tell me it is good and should be applied.  I am also
thinking such review time would be better spent on patches submitted
long before mine.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +