Re: Zero-padding and zero-masking fixes for to_char(float)

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: Zero-padding and zero-masking fixes for to_char(float)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 09:26:10AM -0700, Jeff Anton wrote:
> The issue of significant (decimal) digits to and from floating point
> representation is a complex one.
>
> What 'significant' means may depend upon the intent.

True.  I meant simply that Oracle TO_CHAR emits no more than 17 nonzero digits
for a BINARY_DOUBLE and no more than 9 nonzero digits for a BINARY_FLOAT.

> BTW:  This is my first posting to this list.  I should introduce myself.
> I'm Jeff Anton.  I was the first Postgres project lead programmer working
> for Michael Stonebraker at U.C. Berkeley a very long time ago.
> The first version was never released.  I've since worked for several db
> companies.

Welcome back.

Thanks,
nm

Сообщение: Re: Exposing PG_VERSION_NUM in pg_config
Сообщение: Re: Exposing PG_VERSION_NUM in pg_config