Re: Streaming replication and WAL archiving

От David F. Skoll
Тема Re: Streaming replication and WAL archiving
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 09:04:44 +0000
Greg Clough <greg.clough@cwtdigital.co.uk> wrote:

> Have you investigated the "Replication Slots" feature that's new in
> 9.4. It sounds like what you want:

Yes, it is exactly what I want... thanks!

Now to plan the upgrade from 9.1 to 9.4... it's not exactly trivial.
The database is about 400GB which is large enough to be unwieldy and it
powers our anti-spam service... that means we can't be down for very
long. :(  Time to re-familiarize myself with pg_upgrade...

Regards,

David.