Re: To do for psql to show installable extensions

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: To do for psql to show installable extensions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeff Janes wrote:
> I'd like to propose a wiki to-do item for a backslash command in psql which
> would show all installable extensions, basically just a wrapper around
> 'select * from pg_available_extensions'.
>
> I've wanted it a few times recently, mostly in testing.

+1.

> Any reason this wouldn't be desirable?

No idea.  I guess if pg_available_extensions is acceptable, a \-command
should be acceptable as well.  But you might as well look up the old
discussions that led to the current situation where we have an SRF and
not a \-command.

> What should it be called?

\dxx / \dxi ?   As long as it shows in \dx<tab> I am fine with almost
anything sensible, really.

> I thought of \dx+, but the + is already used to show the objects
> associated with the extensions.  (Althought it seems like it would
> more in keeping with other usage if \dx+ only listed the objects if it
> was given a pattern, and did what I propose if given no pattern)

I hate the pattern/no pattern discrepancy -- I vote not to propagate it
any further.