Re: wal-e package

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: wal-e package
Дата
Re: wal-e package
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: To Stuart Bishop 2014-08-28 <20140828102741.GD8293@msg.df7cb.de>
> Re: Stuart Bishop 2014-08-28 <CADmi=6Neo=nbkgmpdiK==-W+C081eUzZVDXJ0SxwTOQ6JVs-mA@mail.gmail.com>
> > Its in bzr on Launchpad, lp:~stub/ubuntu/trusty/wal-e/trunk or
> > http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~stub/ubuntu/trusty/wal-e/trunk/files
> >
> > # bzr-builder format 0.3 deb-version {debupstream}-0~{revno}~daily
> > lp:~stub/ubuntu/trusty/wal-e/trunk
> >
> > The azure dependency is also in bzr at
> > lp:~stub/ubuntu/trusty/python-azure/trunk, recipe at
> > https://code.launchpad.net/~stub/+recipe/python-azure-daily
>
> Ok, I'll have a look it.

Hi,

sorry for the late follow-up.

I actually looked at the packages a while ago and even added them to
apt.postgresql.org. I just didn't get around to reply here. IIRC
basically everything was fine, just a few minor things which I already
forgot again :-/ Looking again now...

wal-e:

debian/changelog would of course need "unstable" as dist

debian/control:
* the short Description shouldn't end in '.'
* Standards-Version is 3.9.6 now

There's a new upstream version available

python-azure:

The Description needs more text to explain what the package actually
does, including what Azure really is. Also, the long Description
should (mostly) be self-contained, i.e. not be a continuation of the
short Description.

debian/docs is empty, remove it

debian/compat is 9, but Build-Depends: debhelper is only >= 8

debian/copyright: "License: Apache License" should only be "License:
Apache" (or else Lintian complains)

There's also a new upstream version available

I'll upload to Debian once these are fixed, thanks for the packages!

> > > Would you be interested to maintain the package in Debian? I can
> > > sponsor uploads.
> >
> > I am interested. However, I don't have any Debian systems to test
> > with, so I don't know if it is practical or not. My main concern is
> > the dependencies.
>
> Ideally the package would have testsuite in autopkgtest format. No
> idea if it's testable without real S3 access or the like, but a basic
> smoke test should be sufficient.

(There is a "tests" directory in wal-e, but "python runtests.py" says
something about 0 items, and "make test" fails with some horrible mess
with $PATH and env.)

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/