Re: could not access status of transaction pg_multixact issue

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: could not access status of transaction pg_multixact issue
Дата
Re: could not access status of transaction pg_multixact issue  (jim_yates <pg@wg5jim.net>)
Список pgsql-sql
jim_yates wrote:

> > A better way not involving mxid_age() would be to use pg_controldata to
> > extract the current value of the mxid counter, then subtract the current
> > relminmxid from that value.
>

> It's not clear which lines from pg_controldata to use for updating
> pg_database.datminmxid.

The one labelled NextMultiXactId.

> I also assume I would do the pg_database update on a idle database.

It doesn't matter, actually.  pg_database is a shared catalog, so an
update would affect all the databases.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: jim_yates
Сообщение: Re: could not access status of transaction pg_multixact issue
Сообщение: Re: could not access status of transaction pg_multixact issue