Re: could not access status of transaction pg_multixact issue

От jim_yates
Тема Re: could not access status of transaction pg_multixact issue
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Alvaro Herrera-9 wrote
> jim_yates wrote:
>
>> > A better way not involving mxid_age() would be to use pg_controldata to
>> > extract the current value of the mxid counter, then subtract the
>> current
>> > relminmxid from that value.
>>

>> It's not clear which lines from pg_controldata to use for updating
>> pg_database.datminmxid.
>
> The one labelled NextMultiXactId.
>
>> I also assume I would do the pg_database update on a idle database.
>
> It doesn't matter, actually.  pg_database is a shared catalog, so an
> update would affect all the databases.
>
> --
> Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

I tried doing the update to pg_database on my Dev server and I can't get it
to work.  How do I calculate the new datminmxid value?

NextMultiXactId:  30349  relminmxid from pg_class for the table: 8376

If I subtract the relminmxid from the nextmulixact I get 21793 which won't
work.

production-copy=# update pg_database set datminmxid=21973 where
datname='production-copy';
ERROR:  column "datminmxid" is of type xid but expression is of type integer