Re: Suspending postgresql during heavy load

От The Doctor
Тема Re: Suspending postgresql during heavy load
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Oct 07, 2014 at 09:17:47AM -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 9:07 AM, The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> > Question is their a way to suspend PostGres during a heavy average load
> > session?
> >
> > I would like to suspend Postgresql transaction on a load average higher
> > then a load average of 5.
>
> So you just want to stop the db under heavy load? I'm not sure what
> you're asking here. PostgreSQL is designed around a transactional
> model, it can't just be shut off at your convenience.
>
> OTOH you might want to look at how you're using it and what kind of
> hardware you're using and if you need to upgrade it.

In this case PostGresQL 9.3.5 taking on brute force attacks from
Blog Spammers using Serendity .

I have yused mod_limits to limit the damage from the brute force
wep spam attack, but this is turing the web server off for about 120 s and I would like
to turn away these pests forver.

http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k  Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Truth is a gaffe to liars.  -unknown