Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Josh Berkus (josh@agliodbs.com) wrote:
> On 09/26/2014 10:27 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > I don't think anyone is argueing that we should do away with the
> > rounding rules entirely, only that we should a) require units to be
> > specified, and b) error if the value specified is below '1 unit', but
> > still non-zero, as it would then be rounded to zero.
>
> That would not be a back-portable fix.

No, certainly not.  Sorry, thought that was clear..

> There are many 3rd-party tools out there (AWS RDS, for one) which do not
> use the units.

Of course.  Those would need to be updated for whichever major release
introduced this requirement.
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.
Сообщение: Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.