Re: Postgre SQL SHA-256 Compliance

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Postgre SQL SHA-256 Compliance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Anthony,

* Anthony Burden (anthony.d.burden.ctr@mail.mil) wrote:
> validate some software with you to
> ensure that all our installed PostgreSQL software meets SHA-256 compliance.
> There is basically two things we are looking for:
>
> 1) Identify all COTS software purchased as part of scheduled and budgeted
> technology refreshes and upgrades must be SHA-256 compliant.
>
> 2) All DOD information systems that have been upgraded or are upgrading to
> support SHA-256 compliance must continue to maintain backwards compatibility
> with DOD's current SHA-1 credentials.
>
> All the software we are using are:
> PostgreSQL 8.2    8.2

PostgreSQL is now at version 9.3, with 9.0 being the oldest version
which is supported by PGDG (the PostgreSQL Global Development Group- aka
the PostgreSQL community).  Support for older versions may be
available from PostgreSQL support vendors- a list of vendors in North
America is available here:

http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support/northamerica/

> Can you confirm that your software is SHA-256 Compliant?

As mentioned elsewhere on the thread, if this question is about SHA-256
support in OpenSSL, you would need to check the OpenSSL library on your
system.  If the operating system you're running PostgreSQL on is as old
as the version of PostgreSQL you're running then I would be quite
worried that it does not support SHA-256.

Generally, I'd recommend you look to upgrade to a version of your OS
which includes a version of PostgreSQL which is currently considered
supported by the PGDG (eg: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 includes
PostgreSQL 9.2) and verify that the OpenSSL also supports SHA-256 (RHEL7
does).

    Thanks!

        Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: ALTER TEXT field to VARCHAR(1024)
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TEXT field to VARCHAR(1024)