Re: Anonymous code block with parameters

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Anonymous code block with parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-09-18 13:44:47 +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> > On 2014-09-17 22:17:22 +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> > I fail to see why that is so much preferrable for you to passing
> > parameter to DO?
>

> > 1) You need to think about unique names for functions
> > 2) Doesn't work on HOT STANDBYs
> > 3) Causes noticeable amount of catalog bloat
> > 4) Is about a magnitude or two more expensive
> >

> 1. I am not against simple DO, what doesn't substitute functions
>
> 2. When DO have to substitute functions, then I don't see a benefits
>
> Show me real use case please?

Did you read what I wrote above? I'm sure you can rephrase them to be
more 'use case' like yourself.

Isn't being able to do this on a standby a fundamental enough advantage?
Being significantly cheaper? Needing fewer roundtrips?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

Сообщение: Re: Anonymous code block with parameters
Сообщение: Re: Anonymous code block with parameters