Re: BUG #10533: 9.4 beta1 assertion failure in autovacuum process

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: BUG #10533: 9.4 beta1 assertion failure in autovacuum process
Дата
Re: BUG #10533: 9.4 beta1 assertion failure in autovacuum process  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2014-06-06 16:55:58 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Keith Fiske wrote:
> > Not sure if this is the same issue originally reported, but the description
> > sounded the same. I can get this to happen pretty reliably in 9.4beta1 with
> > the pgtap test suite for one of my extensions -
>
> Uh, this is a completely different problem.  We discussed long ago that
> those pallocs in relpath() were going to cause a problem:

I actually don't think it's a different problem. If we'd restructure
things so the critical sections are separate this wouldn't be a
problem. It's imo not a particularly good idea to mdopen() inside a
critical section either.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: BUG #10533: 9.4 beta1 assertion failure in autovacuum process
Сообщение: Re: BUG #10533: 9.4 beta1 assertion failure in autovacuum process