Re: BUG #8673: Could not open file "pg_multixact/members/xxxx" on slave during hot_standby

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #8673: Could not open file "pg_multixact/members/xxxx" on slave during hot_standby
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> > After some simplification I think it should be clearer.  Thanks Andres
> > for commenting offlist.
>
> I find this not only unreadable but a bit scary:
>
> !         if (offset + MAX_MEMBERS_IN_LAST_MEMBERS_PAGE < offset)
>
> I'm worried whether some compilers might not decide that that's a
> can't-happen situation, and optimize the test away entirely.  I think
> Andres' proposal is probably safer (though it needs comments).

Well, somebody would have to work it out fully and test it -- I can't
spend more time on this issue.  If somebody is interested in doing that,
I used this little program and make sure that it "zeroes" all pages, for
various block sizes, initial offsets and "step sizes" (#members in each
multi) -- I was able to reproduce Serge's issues with the original
coding, and then watch issues fly by as I tried several approaches until
I settled on the patch as submitted.

Вложения