Re: Re: pg_upgrade fails: Mismatch of relation OID in database 8.4 -> 9.3

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Re: pg_upgrade fails: Mismatch of relation OID in database 8.4 -> 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 06:28:28AM -0700, David G Johnston wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote

> >> I just tried this on the problem table and it did indeed create a
> >> toast table.
> >>
> >> I then retried pg_upgrade and it failed with the same problem on a
> >> different table in the same database.  Of the 67 databases in the
> >> 8.4 cluster, 5 (so far) have had this problem on at least one table.
> >
> > Yeah, it would be nice to be able to report all the problem tables, but
> > I don't know how to do that except from pg_upgrade failing.  Is there
> > anything similar about these tables?
>
> Would a toast table in this situation have to be empty on the 8.4 database?
> Is there some kind of stat table query that would identify all such toast
> tables?  Although it is possible some of those tables do indeed need a toast
> table but never make use of it (especially if one makes judicious use of
> unlimited text columns but never fills them with large amounts of data -
> like for lookup tables).

I don't see that as helping here.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: SKIP LOCKED DATA (work in progress)
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade fails: Mismatch of relation OID in database 8.4 -> 9.3