Re: pg_upgrade fails: Mismatch of relation OID in database 8.4 -> 9.3

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: pg_upgrade fails: Mismatch of relation OID in database 8.4 -> 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote
> On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 09:20:38AM -0600, Jeff Ross wrote:
>> >I just tested ALTER TABLE in 8.4 and it does create a toast table for
>> >this case in 9.4:
>> >
>> >    CREATE TABLE test (x CHAR(10));
>> >    ALTER TABLE test ALTER COLUMN x TYPE CHAR(8000);
>> >
>> I just tried this on the problem table and it did indeed create a
>> toast table.
>>
>> I then retried pg_upgrade and it failed with the same problem on a
>> different table in the same database.  Of the 67 databases in the
>> 8.4 cluster, 5 (so far) have had this problem on at least one table.
>
> Yeah, it would be nice to be able to report all the problem tables, but
> I don't know how to do that except from pg_upgrade failing.  Is there
> anything similar about these tables?

Would a toast table in this situation have to be empty on the 8.4 database?
Is there some kind of stat table query that would identify all such toast
tables?  Although it is possible some of those tables do indeed need a toast
table but never make use of it (especially if one makes judicious use of
unlimited text columns but never fills them with large amounts of data -
like for lookup tables).

David J.