Re: pg_upgrade fails: Mismatch of relation OID in database 8.4 -> 9.3

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade fails: Mismatch of relation OID in database 8.4 -> 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 09:55:10AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Moving forward, I think you need to add a dummy column to each problem
> > table and drop the column ---- that will create a toast table and allow
> > you to do the upgrade.  I could have pg_upgrade detect this problem, but
> > until I know the cause, I don't think that is wise.
>
> Maybe --check mode could examine both clusters and see whether each
> table having toast table or not matches.  That wouldn't solve the actual
> problem but at least give a clue, instead of these very obscure
> problems.

There is no way to check for an old/new toast mismatch except creating
the tables on the new cluster, and check mode can't do that due to time
and because it would modify the new cluster and make it non-upgradeable.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +