Re: pg_upgrade fails: Mismatch of relation OID in database 8.4 -> 9.3

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pg_upgrade fails: Mismatch of relation OID in database 8.4 -> 9.3
Дата
Re: pg_upgrade fails: Mismatch of relation OID in database 8.4 -> 9.3
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Moving forward, I think you need to add a dummy column to each problem
> table and drop the column ---- that will create a toast table and allow
> you to do the upgrade.  I could have pg_upgrade detect this problem, but
> until I know the cause, I don't think that is wise.

Maybe --check mode could examine both clusters and see whether each
table having toast table or not matches.  That wouldn't solve the actual
problem but at least give a clue, instead of these very obscure
problems.