Re: 9.4 release notes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 9.4 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 11:30:48AM -0400, David Johnston wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
>     On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 06:08:47PM -0700, David G Johnston wrote:
>     > Some errors and suggestions - my apologizes for the format as I do not
>     have
>     > a proper patching routine setup.
>     >

>     Sorry, let me address some items I skipped on your list:
>
>     > IIUC: Logical decoding allows for streaming of statement-scoped database
>     > changes.
>
>     I think Logical decoding does more than statement-scoped database
>     changes, e.g. it can enable multi-master without triggers.  I am
>     hesitant to mention specific items in the release notes for that reason.
>

> ​Yeah, probably need to look at this as a bigger unit of work and better
> understand it first.  But
> "​to be optionally streamed in a configurable format" seems too vague.

Yes, it seems vague to me too, but that's the text the features author
proposed.

>     > IIUC: Remove line length restrictions from pgbench.
>

>     Uh, there is a specific place we removed the ne length restriction in
>     pg_bench.
>

> ​​I simply interpreted:
>
> ​Allow pgbench to process script files of any line length (Sawada Masahiko)
>
> The previous line limit was BUFSIZ.
> ​
> "script files of any line length" just doesn't sound right to me; and if my
> re-wording is wrong then it also does not actually communicate what was changed
> very well.

Agreed.  Here is the new text:
Remove line length limit for <application>pgbench</> scripts

>     > style: add comma -> Previously[,] empty arrays were returned (occurs
>     > frequently but is minor)
>
>     Thanks for the comma adjustments --- I can't decide on that sometimes.
>

> ​Not a grammar expert by any means but there are generally two uses of
> "previously".

Thanks for the tips.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: I thought we were changing the name of recvlogical?