Re: pg_basebackup: could not get transaction log end position from server: FATAL: could not open file "./pg_hba.conf~": Permission denied

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: pg_basebackup: could not get transaction log end position from server: FATAL: could not open file "./pg_hba.conf~": Permission denied
Дата
Ответ на Re: pg_basebackup: could not get transaction log end position from server: FATAL: could not open file "./pg_hba.conf~": Permission denied  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2014-05-16 08:45:12 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Software is supposed to make our lives easier, not harder. I should be able
> to evaluate the errors for the conditions they create. This is why rsync is
> and for the forseeable future will be king for creating base backups.

It's dangerous to ignore errors rsync errors other than 'file
vanished'. This hardly is an argument for your position.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup: could not get transaction log end position from server: FATAL: could not open file "./pg_hba.conf~": Permission denied