Re: popen and pclose redefinitions causing many warning in Windows build

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: popen and pclose redefinitions causing many warning in Windows build
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 03:15:38PM +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 05/09/2014 02:56 AM, Noah Misch wrote:
> >MinGW: http://sourceforge.net/p/mingw/mingw-org-wsl/ci/master/tree/include/stdio.h#l467
> >MinGW-w64: http://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/mingw-w64-headers/crt/stdio.h#l496
> >
> >Building with any recent MinGW-w64, 32-bit or 64-bit, gets the reported
> >warnings; building with MinGW proper does not.
>
> Hmm. The MinGW-w64 header does this:
>
> >#if !defined(NO_OLDNAMES) && !defined(popen)
> >#define popen _popen
> >#define pclose _pclose
> >#endif
>
> So if we defined popen() before including stdio.h, that would get
> rid of the warning. But we don't usually do things in that order.

True.  I have no strong preference between that and use of #undef.

> Could we define NO_OLDNAMES? I couldn't find any documentation on
> it, but it seems to a bunch of lot of wrapper functions and defines.
> If we can get away without them, that seems like a good thing...

That's a bit like compiling with "gcc -std=c89" on Unix.  It would lead us to
add "#define strdup(x) _strdup(x)" and similar.  I wouldn't do that.

--
Noah Misch
EnterpriseDB                                 http://www.enterprisedb.com