Re: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > I guess it depends how likely we think that a different compiler will
> > change the behavior of the shared invalidation queue.  Somebody else
> > would have to answer that.  If not, then clearly we need only 5 animals.
>
> This may be heresy, but one of the things that drives me nuts about
> the buildfarm is that the names of the animals are all weird stuff
> that I've never heard of, and things on the same machine have
> completely unrelated names.  Would it be crazy to think we might name
> all of these animals in some way that lets people associated them with
> each other?  e.g. brownbear, blackbear, polarbear, grizzlybear,
> teddybear?

Sure.  I guess it'd be better that people notify somewhere the intention
to create many animals, somehow, so that we know to pick related names.
Right now the interface to requesting a new animal is 100% focused on an
individual animal.  Someone had several animals that were all moths, for
instance, IIRC.

Should we consider renaming Tomas' recent animals?  Not sure that this
would reduce confusion, and it might be heresy as well.  Andrew?

Would it help if the buildfarm page had pics of each animal next to its
name, or something like that?

Сообщение: Re: Cache lookup error when using jsonb, json_build_object and a WITH clause
Сообщение: Re: Cache lookup error when using jsonb, json_build_object and a WITH clause