Re: 9.4 release notes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 9.4 release notes
Дата
Re: 9.4 release notes
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May  5, 2014 at 10:58:57AM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 8:28 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> > How about:
> >
> >    This data type allows for faster access to values in the json document
> > and faster and more useful indexing of json.
>
> We should refer to the fact that jsonb is internally typed. This isn't
> all that obvious now, but it is evident for example when you sort a
> set of raw scalar numeric jsonb values, which has a sane ordering (the
> implementation invokes numeric_cmp()). You also get an internal,
> per-number-scalar display scale, just like the numeric type proper.
> I'm not all that sure about how to go about succinctly expressing
> this, but clearly it's important.

Current text is:
Add structured (non-text) data type (JSONB) for storing JSON data (OlegBartunov, Teodor Sigaev, Alexander Korotkov,
PeterGeoghegan, and AndrewDunstan)This allows for faster access to values in the JSON document and fasterand more
usefulindexing of JSON.  JSONB values are also typed asappropriate scalar SQL types.

Is that OK?

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +