Re: includedir_internal headers are not self-contained

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: includedir_internal headers are not self-contained
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2014-04-27 16:33:29 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > So it seems to me the right fix for the relpath end of it is to push most
> > of relpath.c back where it came from, which I think was backend/catalog/.
>
> In short, what I'm proposing here is to revert commit
> a73018392636ce832b09b5c31f6ad1f18a4643ea, lock stock n barrel.

That was Alvaro's, so he's probably going to need to comment here.

> According to the commit message, the point of that was to allow
> pg_xlogdump to use relpath(), but I do not see it doing so;

Well, pg_xlogdump.c itself doesn't use it, but some of the desc routines
do. Like e.g. xact_desc_commit().
So just reverting isn't going to do the trick. IIRC I just had a copy of
relpathbackend() in pg_xlogdump/compat.c, but that certainly doesn't
seem to be better than the current solution.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services