Re: WIP patch for Todo Item : Provide fallback_application_name in contrib/pgbench, oid2name, and dblink

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: WIP patch for Todo Item : Provide fallback_application_name in contrib/pgbench, oid2name, and dblink
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr  1, 2014 at 10:32:01AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Adrian Vondendriesch <adrian.vondendriesch@credativ.de> writes:
> > I patched the function conninfo_array_parse() which is used by
> > PQconnectStartParams to behave like PQsetdbLogin. The patch also
> > contains a document patch which clarify "unspecified" parameters.
>
> I see no documentation update here.  I'm also fairly concerned about the
> implication that no connection parameter, now or in future, can ever have
> an empty string as the correct value.

I thought about this.  We have never needed PQsetdbLogin() to handle
zero-length strings specially in all the years we used it, so I am not
sure why we would ever need PQconnectdbParams() to handle it.  I am
thinking we should make PQconnectdbParams() handle zero-length strings
the same as NULL, and document it.

Attached is a slightly-modified version of Adrian Vondendriesch's patch.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Вложения