Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Include planning time in EXPLAIN ANALYZE output.

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Include planning time in EXPLAIN ANALYZE output.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb  3, 2014 at 07:13:46PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > The problem I'm having with the way it stands now is that one would
> > reasonably expect that "Total time" is the total of all times counted
> > by EXPLAIN, including main plan execution time, trigger firing time,
> > and now planning time.  Since it is not, any longer, a total, I think
> > renaming it would be a good idea.  I'm not wedded to "execution time"
> > in particular, but I don't like "total".
>
> Agreed.

Where are we on this?  I still see:
test=> EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT 1;                                     QUERY
width=0)(actual time=0.001..0.001 rows=1 loops=1) Planning time: 0.009 ms

-->     Total runtime: 0.009 ms(3 rows)

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +

Сообщение: Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?
Сообщение: Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?